MASK_01 – Control RoomCategory: Blog, Thesis - MASK
First prototype (or maybe not just a prototype…) of MASK collection – Control Room.
It’s the kind of fantasy castle that a child builds up and role-play inside. The interior is rough and the space is tiny, but with the protection and imaginary friends, you feel less timid to the outside world.
- It’s a townhouse cardboard mask
- User is virtually in a cardboard room, and sees the real world through different windows
- The distance between self and the world is created, thus decreased the threatening feeling
- When you stay still, imaginary friends start to encourage you
Things I learned
- For improving performance of phone, reducing face amount
- Detailed model –> NO, simple yet interesting shape –> YES
- Texture’s effect is more powerful than model
Imagination friend test
- Normal, discarded cardboard is too thick… have to buy a good thin quality cardboard.
- Scale up for eyeglasses. Too big unfortunately. Width between them will be perfect. One good thing is although the mat board is a little bit heavier, it’s not that big difference.